Did you know that our skin is our largest organ?
Here are some skin facts that may surprise you:
– The average person’s skin covers an area of 2 square meters.
– Skin accounts for about 15% of your body weight.
– The average adult has approximately 21 square feet of skin, which weighs 9 lbs and contains more than 11 miles of blood vessels.
– The average person has about 300 million skin cells.
– Your skin is home to more than 1,000 species of bacteria.
The skin absorbs everything that we put on it, passing it along through the bloodstream, what you put on your skin matters just as much as what you eat.
Unfortunately, most of the skincare products available today contain thousands of toxic ingredients that should NEVER come anywhere near your skin. Some highly toxic chemicals found in most mainstream beauty products include parabens, phthalates, synthetic colors, formaldehyde, fragrances, and propylene glycol.
These toxins are related to hormone disruption, allergies, and even disease. This means that your skincare routine could be working against your efforts to support your health and longevity.
Here are some natural skincare products to make over your current routine:
– Coconut oil can be used on your skin to help cleanse, moisturize, remove makeup, heal wounds or scars quicker, and prevent razor burn.
– Raw honey can be used as an exfoliator for dry winter skin when added to a bath, or as a mask to treat acne.
– Avocado is ultra-moisturizing and can be used to soothe sunburned skin, boost collagen production, and treat age spots.
– Lemon essential oil can be used on your hair to boost shine and remove residue.